Saturday 5 December 2009

Wiesbaden Christmas Market

I'd heard a lot about German Christmas Markets - so I decided to check them out and see what images I could manage to create. This is my favourite. You can see more photos at http://www.flickr.com/
photos/duncanstrathie/
sets/

I am staying with friends in Wiesbaden and have visited Frankfurt, Mainz and Wiesbaden markets so far. This evening I hope to add Rudesheim to the list. There is an excellent website that shows all the markets - catch it at http://www.germany-christmas-
market.org.uk/ and then click on the locations on the left to get the details.

I must say that visiting a market at night is completely different experience. Apart from there being many more people, the lights completely transform the character into something very special. Of course you get the great smells whether it's day or night - the air is heavy with the scent of cinnamon, melting cheese, grilling sausages and much much more. A truly memorable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment